180 grams of peeled almonds
A pinch of salt
250 grams of sugar
1 teaspoon of powdered yeast
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Apricot jam, for serving
1. Put the oranges in a casserole and cover them with hot water. Bring to a boil and let them cook over low heat for around 30 minutes or until they are very soft. In the meanwhile grease a 25-centimeter mold.
2. Drain the oranges and let them cool. Then cut them in four and remove the seeds. Blend the almonds in a blender gradually so that some are well ground and other a little bigger. Put them in a bowl and set on the side.
3. Beat the eggs slightly with an electric mixer and place them in a bowl and set them on the side.
4. Blend the oranges so they are well blended and add in the salt, sugar, yeast, and the vanilla extract, continue beating until all the ingredients are mixed well. Then mix in the almonds. Add the eggs in and beat it all together until it is all evenly mixed.
5. Pour the mixture into a baking mold and bake at a moderate temperature of 190 degrees for 50 minutes until it is slightly browned and firm. Once it is done, allow it to cool in the same baking mold. Heat the apricot jam and spread it over the cake before serving.
Serves 8 to 10.